Sunday, November 27, 2011

YA Heroine Tourney: Tessa Advocate


This year I have decided to partake in the YA Sisterhood's Tournament of Heroines and I will be advocating... Tessa! From Cassie Clare's "Infernal Devices" series. As many of you who follow myblog know Cassie is one of my most favourite authors of all time so I am really excited to get the chance to represent such an amazing character (though admittedly nervous as heck- have you seen our competition? Clary? Katniss? Eek!).

I want to know why all of you (yes, YOU!) love Tessa and think that she deserves to win the YA Tournament of Heroes (I may even use your suggestions as to why she deserves to win the title in my defense)!

Do you love Tessa because...
  • She doesn't only appear in Cassie's "Infernal Devices" series but also her "Mortal Instruments" series (WHA? You didn't know that? Reread the epilogue of "City of Glass")? 
  • Do you love her because of the Dirty Sexy Attic scene with Will? Or the Dirty Sexy Balcony Scene that Cassie has been teasing us with for months
  • Do you love the fact that she loves books as much as you do?
  • Do you love the fact that we aren't entirely sure what she is (save for a Downworlder of some sort and save for the fact that she is by far one of the most unique and mysterious characters of Cassie's)?
  • Do you love the fact that she has not one BUT TWO amazingly swoon-worthy boys vying for her attention?
  • What about the fact that she is able to defend herself (and that she is snarky)? Anyone recall her swinging a jug at Will? Her biting Henry?  


First up we will be battling Luce from Lauren Kate's "Fallen" series (represented by Moirae (The Fates) Book Reviews). Why do you think Tessa deserves to win over Luce*?

And here are some buttons that I made advocating Tessa- feel free to grab them from the grab box!


YA Sisterhood

YA Sisterhood


YA Sisterhood

*No character bashing please! Any bashing will be deleted.

If you have any great points about Tessa from "Clockwork Prince" (those of you who were lucky enough to get an ARC I would greatly appreciate it if you could send some my way. To avoid spoilers please DO NOT post your points in the comments- you could DM me on Twitter or email me at averys.book.nook@hotmail.ca. Thanks muchly! 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Avery, Great post!!! I love all the buttons! I did receive an ARC of Clockwork Prince. If you have any questions about it you can email me. I don't want to say too much on here bc of spoilers! What's great is, you will have time to read it before your 1st match! It's amazing! Cassie's best book yet!!! Just email me if you need anything or have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... Dirty Sexy Attic Scene? WHA???? How did I miss THAT one?!?!

    Definitely the fact that she's a reader is a HUGE draw for me. "One must always be careful of books and what's inside them, for words have the power to change us." *SIGH*

    Her thirst for knowledge.

    The fact that she's in danger... and still only thinks about saving her brother.

    Or, wow, the whole Camille thing. Who DOES that for ANY reason except selflessness?

    She's smart and selfless. In a corset. That's why I think she's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARN! This is one series I have yet to start and have so wanted to! I love that second button btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Team Tessa! I love Tessa because she's smart, considerate, brave and will do anything for those she loves! She's a worthy winner XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Tessa! Mainly because of her love of books, her sensibility, her selflessness, and her braveness. One of my favourite Cassie Clare characters of all time, and that's saying something because she writes good characters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.