Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Indulge" by Megan Duncan

From Goodreads: "Claire's heart is torn between her first vampire love, Dmitry, and the Blood Mate, Arrick, that she is eternally bonded to with a powerfully deep and emotional connection. A vengeful vampire is haunting her steps, after Claire killed their mate. An ancient evil threatens to rip her world apart. With the danger of war looming on the darkening horizon, will Claire find the strength to fight back and protect those she loves? Even if it means embracing the darkness inside her? Is it worth it to become the evil she fears, in order to destroy it?"

I must admit that it took me a bit of time to get into this book- I, for the life of me, couldn't remember what happened in the first book, though I only read it a few months ago (though I don't fault the author, Megan, whatsoever, I should have reread the first book prior to reading this to refresh my memory of everything that occurred in it).

That being said, like "Savor" I LOVED Megan's writing style in this book- I literally bookmarked countless pages in this book solely for the descriptions contained within them. I am convinced that Megan can create a setting like no other and, as I mentioned in my review of "Savor", because of Megan's talent for descriptive writing (descriptive writing that not once gets too flowery or too overdone) it is effortless to situate yourself into Claire's position within the book.

I think that (if I was forced to choose one) my largest complaint about this book was that the characters that I had come to love in the previous book made little to no appearance in this book Dmitry, Arrick, Robin and the likes of. Though Claire's biological parents, Cathair and Ione, were such a welcome addition to the series. Their interactions with one another will truly pull at your heartstrings.

All in all, this is a worthy sequel to "Savor"- while at time "Savor" was a bit slow and dragged on, this book was fast-paced and kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time. Furthermore, it was really great to see Claire truly grow as a person vampire, physically, emotionally, and mentally, while reading this book.

Rating: 7.5/10

I received this book from the author to read and review. I was not compensated in any way for said review.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know this was a sequel! I had seen the cover on a few blogs but never really looked into it. I'll have to take a look at book 1! It seems to be a well written story.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I'm a fan of the blurb, but your review makes the book sound a lot more interesting. Curious that the characters from the first book aren't as present in this sequel--I find that sometimes that can work in an author's favor, and othertimes, not so much. Here's hoping Megan pulled it off!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's Omega Seamaster Ploprof 1200M owns many points valid - located at omega replica sale the very least , the software emulates individuals certainly. Not even is mostly a clockwork fall keep an eye on appropriate and also put into use quite often fake tag heuer sale just by high quality scuba. Still you need to TECHNICAL SCUBA DIVING fall huge this particular keep an eye on afterward it's always in a position just for need wherever. Side by side along with the basic Ploprof keep an eye on, today's incarnation could be very matching by means of memorable transformations and additionally updates. In a sense, the latest Ploprof rolex replica uk certainly is the basic Ploprof which usually Omega frequently would definitely generate. Software such as this manufactured just by sharp pet owners to make sure you have pet owners implement beyond we're able to lacking individuals - and also practice seemingly beautiful. Although the basic chanel replica Ploprof was first 54mm big just by 45mm excessive, the latest the first 55mm big just by 48mm chanel replica excessive. All the older lawsuit helps to duration all the bezel and additionally call just a little more suitable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.