Monday, June 24, 2013

YA Crush Tourney: Team Etienne


As some of y'all may know, I've participated in YA Sisterhood's various tourneys over the last couple of years- and this year is no different! In this year's YA Crush Tourney I am representing Etienne St. Clair, from one of my most favourite novels, "Anna and the French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins. And guess what? I need your help! Etienne is currently battling it out with Warner from Tahereh Mafi's "Shatter Me" (another one of my most favourite books/ book boys of all time). While I LOVE both boys, I would love it if you could head over to the tournament to vote for Etienne. Need some convincing? Keep reading- you'll learn everything you need to know about this crush-worthy boy! 

Personality
There's no doubt about it, the boy is as charming as they come (if not the most charming YA boy that you'll ever encounter). And what is perchance best about his charm is that it's real- it's not forced by any stretch of the imagination (no matter how little he may like someone). Along with that charm comes draw- people from every walk of life flock to him, he's a chameleon of sorts, able to fit in with (and get along with) everyone, while always staying true to himself. He's almost like a highly exciteable puppy dog, he'll be your best friend, he'll stick by your side no matter what, and you can always depend upon him.

Looks
If there was one word to describe Etienne it would be beautiful. That being said, the boy isn't beautiful in the typical sense, what we've come to expect from our YA boys. First? His hair, messy and long and short at the  same time. Not unlike Beatles hair. Or artist hair. Or musician hair. Olympic winning hair. His eyes are big and brown- the type of eyes that you wouldn't mind falling into. The type of eyes that make your heart stutter when they lock with yours. The type of eyes that convey his every emotion, telling you exactly how he feels. His lovely smile- straight on top and crooked on the bottom, with a touch of an overbite. He's short- perfect for those tiny folk and a match for those who aren't as vertically challenged. The accent (because accents saturate every aspect of a person, no?)- 100% English and 100% ).

Talents
His ability to express his feelings like no other- namely in the form of poetry (in this case, poetry by Pablo Neruda- Google some of his poetry. Though, fair warning, you may injury yourself from the swoonage that you are guaranteed to experience). His ability to 'take one for the team', making himself look like a fool in order to make one of his friends feel better (have you read the deleted socceer scene from the book?). His ability to step out of the limelight, letting you be the center of attention- YOU pick what you do on your adventure, YOU to get whatever it is that is bothering you off of your chest, and so forth). The ability to make the best out of any situation (can't go home for Thanksgiving? That's okay!).

Special Attributes/Best Qualities
Accent + Banana charm + THE HAT + book of poems + crooked smile + confidence + realness = Etienne St. Clair AKA YA Crush Tourney Champion Potential

Anything else?
Special thanks goes out to the wonderful ladies of the YA Sisterhood (and all of their partners) for all of the hard work that they do in the organizing of this tournament- they are truly rockstars!

Oh, and this:
“We are kissing like crazy. Like our lives depend on it. His tongue slips inside my mouth, gentle but demanding, and it’s nothing like I’ve ever experienced, and I suddenly understand why people describe kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolves into his. My fingers grip his hair, pulling him closer. My veins throb and my heart explodes. I have never wanted anyone like this before. Ever.

He pushes me backward and we’re lying down, making out in front of the children with their red balloons and the old men with their chess sets and the tourists with their laminated maps and I don’t care, I don’t care about any of that.

All I want is Étienne.

The weight of his body on top of mine is extraordinary. I feel him—all of him—pressed against me, and I inhale his shaving cream, his shampoo, and that extra scent that’s just . . . him. The most delicious smell I could ever imagine.

I want to breathe him, lick him, eat him, drink him. His lips taste like honey. His face has the slightest bit of stubble and it rubs my skin but I don’t care, I don’t care at all. He feels wonderful. His hands are everywhere, and it doesn’t matter that his mouth is already on top of mine, I want him closer closer closer.”


1 comment:

  1. kinds of varieties devices to decide upon prior to when replica handbags buying the only befitting you will. Ok devices are normally formulated round elder clockwork fake flap chanel solutions and provide remained with us since then. All these devices go on chanel replica for many years not need a wide variety.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.