Saturday, January 15, 2011

On My Wishlist...


On My Wishlist is a great event that Book Chick City runs every Saturday. It's where you list all of the books that you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. I thought that this was a fantabulous idea so I thought I would join in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Mind Readers" by Lori Brighton 

From Goodreads: "Cameron Winters is a freak. Fortunately, no one but her family knows the truth that Cameron can read minds. For years Cameron has hidden behind a facade of normalcy, warned that there are those who would do her harm. When gorgeous and mysterious Lewis Douglas arrives he destroys everything Cameron has ever believed and tempts her with possibilities of freedom. Determined to embrace her hidden talents, Cameron heads to a secret haven with Lewis; a place where she meets others like her, Mind Readers.

But as Cameron soon finds out some things are too good to be true. When the Mind Readers realize the extent of Cameron's abilities, they want to use her powers for their own needs. Cameron suddenly finds herself involved in a war in which her idea of what is right and wrong is greatly tested. In the end she'll be forced to make a choice that will not only threaten her relationship with Lewis, but her very life.

If you like The Mind Readers, you might also enjoy Lori Brighton's Adult Romance The Ghost Hunter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf" by Curtis Jobling

From Goodreads: "'You're the last of the werewolves son. Don't fight it...Conquer it'. When the air is clear, sixteen year-old Drew Ferran can pick up the scent of a predator. When the moon breaks through the clouds, a terrifying fever grips him. And when a vicious beast invades his home, his gums begin to tear, his fingers become claws, and Drew transforms ...Forced to flee the family he loves, Drew seeks refuge in the most godforsaken parts of Lyssia. But when he is captured by Lord Bergan's men, Drew must prove he is not the enemy. Can Drew battle the werecreatures determined to destroy him - and master the animal within?"
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vampire Empire: The Greyfriar" by Clay Griffith and Susan Griffith

From Goodreads: "Vampire predators run wild in this exciting steampunk adventure, the first in an alternate history trilogy that is already attracting attention. In 1870, monsters rise up and conquer the northern lands, As great cities are swallowed up by carnage and disease, landowners and other elite flee south to escape their blood-thirsty wrath. One hundred fifty years later, the great divide still exists; fangs on one side of the border, worried defenders on the other. This fragile equilibrium is threatened, then crumbles after a single young princess becomes almost hopelessly lost in the hostile territory. At first, she has only one defender: a mysterious Greyfriar who roams freely in dangerous vampire regions. A trade paperback original; buyer's choice."

Well that's it for my wishlist this week, what's on your wishlist? 

10 comments:

  1. OMG Vampire Empire :D I freaking loved that book, and I hate vampires haha I also read The Mind Readers, and I thought it was pretty good overall. I hope you get to read those books soon, Avery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I hadn't heard of any of these yet! They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa, I stole a bunch of the books from various reviews that I have seen over the past couple of weeks (so I very well could have "borrowed" them from your blog)... So thanks! ;)

    @Stephanie, I know! I don't really know which one I want to read more, they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    I have an award for you waiting for you on my blog! If you would like to accept it, you may find it here:
    http://judesenglish10.blogspot.com/2011/01/oh-my-award-for-me.html

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want SO much to read Empire! I have Mind Readers on the tbr. Wereworld looks good too. Oh, stop it! You added one to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added The Mind Readers to my TBR recently! It sounds interesting :) The Vampire Empire looks spooky, but Melissa made is sound amazing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks!

    I wanna read the Werewolves book too =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh Avery you have to get Vampire Empire! I just loved that one so much, I want more people to read it so I can talk about it with them:) I enjoyed the Mind Readers as well although I'm hoping there's going to be a sequel so I get to have some more information:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so looking forward to Wereworld! I've also heard really great things about the vampire book. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have The Mind Readers on my kobo and need to get to it soon. I love the cover of the vampire one, it looks steampunk'y!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.