Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating...

SilenceTitle: Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: October 4th, 2011

From Goodreads: "The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Author: Rae Carson
Release Date: September 20, 2011

From Goodreads: "Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.

Elisa is the chosen one.

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he’s not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do." 
 

8 comments:

  1. Ooh awesome picks! Still need to read Crescendo! It's on my Kindle but I have yet to get to it. Might try reading that and another Kindle book next week!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for Becca's. I haven't heard of the other one. I'll have to give it a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Silence too. See if the third book is the charm for me. :) The Girl book looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the sound of The Girl of Fire and Thorns, that one is new to me and is now going on the ridiculously long list. And I'm excited for Silence too, even though Nora and Patch irritated me in Crescendo, I can't wait for more of their story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with Jenny on The Girl of Fire and Thorns. I love younger sister makes it good stories, and I sense a love triangle in the offing. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I'm a new follower! I hope you can also follow my blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Girl of Fire and Thorns sounds really good I have just added it to my wishlist

    I still have Hush Hush sitting on my shelf I really need to get on it and read it and Crescendo so I can be ready for Silence

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! those look awesome! though I still need to read Hush Hush LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.