Monday, January 9, 2012

Updates

Hey y'all! I am finally back from my 'hiatus' (admittedly it wasn't much of a hiatus because Tessa made it to the FINALS of the YA Sisterhood Heroine Tournament and I participated in the Top 10 of 2011 blog event hosted by Rachel from Fiktshun, Patricia and Jamie from Two Chicks on Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, and Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, but it was fun nonetheless).

And speaking of the YA Sisterhood Heroine Tournament, I have a whole heck of a lot of people to thank. First I have to thank all of my old followers- I cannot tell you how much I appreciate y'all sticking around with me despite the sheer number of #TeamTessa tweets and posts that I have sent out over the last month or so. I also have to thank my new followers- thanks to y'all I have broken 400 followers! I also have to thank the wonderful ladies of YA Sisterhood (Amy especially)- I cannot wrap my head around how much time and effort goes into organizing something like the Heroine Tournament and as I said in my final Team Tessa post- the ladies of  YA Sisterhood are the true heroines! I also have to thank Rachel over at Fiktshun for giving on a ton of pointers about how the tournament worked/ giving me points to include in my Tessa post. I also have to thank everyone who supported Tessa via Twitter (@CaitLomas, @chel_c_cam, and @Emberchyld especially). I also have to thank Cassie Clare herself for being so active in the competition and Valerie from Stuck in book and Amanda from Letters Inside Out for being members of #TeamCassie alongside myself. And last but not least I have to thank everyone who voted for Tessa! I was floored by the amount of support she received (I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it!).

Tomorrow I will be resuming posting reviews as per usual and participating my usual memes, but... For the next couple of days (week at most) I will not be able to communicate all that much on Twitter and Facebook (the internet is not yet connected in our new house and I am sure that y'all know how working with internet/ phone/ satellite companies work, they tell you they will show up sometime in the next two weeks between 7am and 7pm ;) ).

I hope that y'all had a great holiday and I am super excited to be back!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome back Avery!!! Love those internet companies giving you a 24 hour range of when they're going to be there so you're stuck at your house for an entire day until they show up at the last minute of the last hour of the given range. Win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started following you during your Team Tessa campaign, and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts about this character. I'm not familiar with this book, but now I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.