Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating...
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: "Cold Fury"
Author:


Sara Jane Rispoli is just a normal sixteen-year-old girl coping with school and a developing crush— until her parents and younger brother are kidnapped, and she discovers her family has been a key figure of Chicago’s Outfit (aka the mob) for decades. Her father, grandfather and great grandfather all used their special ability, cold fury, to settle disputes between the two mob factions—the muscle and the money. And unless Sara wants the mob to think her now missing family has turned state’s evidence, she will have to fill her father’s shoes as the mob’s peacemaker, using her own cold fury."

3 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one, but it looks pretty interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds good!

    Part of me is reminded of a character from the Batman books: The Huntress. She is the daughter of a mobster, and her entire family was killed except her. And now she's out for revenge. Of course, Batman doesn't let her work in HIS city because she doesn't play by HIS rules.

    Another part of me is reminded of the Curser Workers series by Holly Black, which I absolutely love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this book in the mail and I'm dying to read it. It sounds really good and that cover is amazing! I like that this book is different, but has a paranormal element that makes me want to know exactly what that power is.

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.