Saturday, February 5, 2011

On My Wishlist...


On My Wishlist is a great event that Book Chick City runs every Saturday. It's where you list all of the books that you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. I thought that this was a fantabulous idea so I thought I would join in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Red Moon Rising" by Peter Moore

From Goodreads: "Being only half-vamp in a high school like Carpathia Night makes you a whole loser. But Danny Gray manages to escape the worst of the specists at his school. Thanks to genetic treatments he had as an infant, most people assume Danny's other half is human. Which is a good thing. 

Ever since the development of synthetic blood – SynHeme – vamps have become society’s elite, while wulves like his father work menial jobs and live in bad neighborhoods. Wulves are less than second class citizens; once a month they become inmates, forced to undergo their Change in dangerous government compounds.

For Danny, living with his vamp mother and going to a school with a nearly all-vamp student body, it’s best to pretend his wulf half doesn’t even exist. But lately Danny's been having some weird symptoms — fantastic night vision; a keener-than-usual sense of smell; and headaches, right around the full moon.

Even though it's easy to be in denial, it's hard to ignore evidence. There's only a month until the next few moon, and Danny's time is running out.

Peter Moore speaks to adolescents in a voice that will have them laughing, set in a world that will get them thinking."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Forsaken" by Jana Oliver 

From Goodreads: "Riley has always wanted to be a Demon Trapper like her father, and she's already following in his footsteps as one of the best. But it's tough being the only girl in an all-guy world, especially when three of those guys start making her life more complicated: Simon, the angelic apprentice who has heaven on his side; Beck, the tough trapper who thinks he's God's gift, and Ori, the strikingly sexy stranger who keeps turning up to save her ass. One thing's for sure - if she doesn't keep her wits about her there'll be hell to pay..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What is on your wishlist?

5 comments:

  1. Forsaken looks so good! It's on my eventual wishlist - and the cover is just a tad gorgeous too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Red Moon Rising! I was surprised I liked it as much as I did! Great picks, Avery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Red Moon Rising too! Oh, and I still am wishing for the Demon Trappers Daughter. I'm behind on wishing on that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing Red Moon Rising around a lot, I think I need to add it to my list as everyone seems to be enjoying it:) I liked the Demon Trapper's Daugther even though Rile irritated me, but the world is very cool and I'm looking forward to the next book where I think I'll like Riley better:) Great picks Avery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard about Red Moon Rising.... Im totally feeling the cover! Great picks =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.