Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. They created this feature because as I quote, "... we are particularly quite found of lists". 

Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers on their blog as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

So this week's TTT topic is actually Ten Authors I'd Like To See On A Reality Show (and which reality show :P) OR Top Ten Authors Who Deserve Their Own TV Show, however, I don't think that I know enough about my favourite authors to assign them to various reality shows (plus, I don't know all of that many reality shows- "Survivor", "Big Brother", "The Bachelor/ Bachelor"? Yep, that's about it). Therefore I decided to heed their advice and do a different topic.

Because I only recently started to partake in this meme I have missed out on a bunch of great topics and therefore this week I decided to do one of said missed topics, Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read. Each of the listed books I have had on my shelves FOR A LONG TIME (upwards of a year). I feel terrible for having not read them yet- *fingers crossed I can get to them sometime in the near future*!

"Wolfsbane" by Andrea Cremer: I think that why I have been so hesitant to read this book is because I was pretty on the fence about "Nightshade"- which sounds funny since I did rate it 9/10 (I think that I gave it a fairly high rating because at the time I was a newer blogger and was admittedly hesitant to truly share my feelings about a book that everyone seemed to really enjoy). So my hope is to reread "Nightshade" and rereview it and then read this- oh, and the last book in the trilogy, "Bloodrose"- hopefully I will enjoy the series more the second time around.

"Wildefire" by Karsten Knight: I feel terrible, I bought this book last summer based solely upon Rachel over at Fiktshun's raving review of it and I STILL HAVE YET TO READ IT. And worst of all? I have no excuse as to why not. And oh gosh, I just skimmed reviews of it on Goodreads and it seems that I am really missing out... Eek!

 "Shattered Souls" by Mary Lindsey: I think that I have been so slow to read this book because there wasn't much hype surrounding it (or from what I can recall there wasn't). I do enjoy hype to an extent, it gets my blood pumping and my heart racing as I see the countdown til a books release grow smaller and smaller and unfortunately I didn't encounter that with this book.

"Afterlife" by Claudia Gray: Yep, no excuse one again. I have been a HUGE fan of the "Evernight" series since it was first released, so you think that I would have read this book, the final installment of the series, by now. But not so. I've had this sitting on my shelf since March of last year. I think that why now I am slow to read it is because I know that I have to read the first three books in the series to recap myself and as of right now I don't really have the time to do so. So until then, this book is going to continue sitting on my shelf gathering dust...

"Soul Thief" by Jana Oliver: This is the same sort of dealio with "Afterlife", I don't feel comfortable reading this book without having reread the earlier book in the series, "The Demon Trapper's Daughter". Because I have yet to read this book I am further behind since the third book in the series, "Forgiven", had recently been released and I believe that Jana recently posted on Twitter that she is well under way with the fourth book in the series.

"Silence" by Becca Fitzpatrick: While I did enjoy "Hush, Hush", the first book in Becca Fitzpatrick's series, I was not a fan of the second book in the series, "Crescendo", therefore I was quite hesitant to read this book. However, since then I have heard that this book is much better than "Crescendo", which gives me hope/ encourages me to read this ASAP, especially with the release of the final book in the series being released this fall!

"Pandemonium" by Lauren Oliver: This is hands-down the book that I am the most ashamed to have not read yet. I've been so hesitant to do so because I know that like many of the other books mentioned here I NEED to reread the earlier books to refresh my memory of everything that went down.

"Savage Grace" by Bree Despain: (Need I say it again?) I feel the need to reread the earlier books in this series, while, more so "The Lost Saint" than "The Dark Divine" since SO MUCH stuff went down in "The Lost Saint" (seriously, Grace being bad-ass, Daniel being a jerk, the third component of a love triangle, a curse, a big white wolf, I can't wrap my head around it all!). 

"Wings of the Wicked" by Courtney Allison Moulton: I feel like such a booger, but I can't remember who Cadan is from the first book. Therefore knowing that he plays quite a large role in this book I feel like I should reread "Angelfire" before I read this.

"The Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater: I think that as soon as I catch up in my reviews this will be the first "me" book that I will read. I like the fact that it is a standalone and therefore I won't need to read any other book to understand this (which as we can see, is something that I could really use)... ;)

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun topic! I do insist that you read The Scorpio Races as soon as you can because it is one of the best, most original novels I've read in recent years - plus the boy from it is so amazing.

    So many of these are long-neglected on my shelf too, it's almost overwhelming to think about haha. One day we'll catch up!

    My Top Ten [Book Things I Want To Do]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Wildfire, but you could wait until the next one is coming out. I hope it's soon. I think it might be out either at the end of this year or perhaps next.

    I also want to read the Scorpio Races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you still haven't read Soul Thief. Because Forbidden will absolutely... Oops! Let's just say Beck *sigh* is definitely awesome, infuriating, yum.

    I have to read quite a few of the ones on your list too!

    I love the alternate topic you picked this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.