Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Equilibrium" by Imogen Rose

Equilibrium: Portal Chronicles Book TwoFrom Goodreads: "It's not every day you see a naked body slumped by the side of the road.

This ominous sight is just the beginning of a mystery that will span two dimensions.

When California teen Arizona Darley and her siblings go missing, their mother, Dr. Olivia Darley, discovers that the time-travel portal she invented has been hijacked.

Is the hijacker responsible for the disappearance of her children? Have the children been transported to another dimension? If so, the police and FBI will never be able to find them, and Olivia Darley must find a way to rescue her children on her own.

How will she do this without access to the portal?

EQUILIBRIUM is book two of the Portal Chronicles."


Once again Miss Imogen Rose has written herself a fantabulous story! Seriously, I thought that "Portal" was good, but "Equilibrium"? It blew "Portal" out of the water! This has hands-down been one of the most suspenseful books I have read in quite some time- I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat while reading it.

In my review of "Portal" I complained about some of the dialogue, I found portions of it to be really choppy and robot-like, but I didn't find that at all with this book, everything flowed together nicely and it is evident that Imogen is really developing as an author. What I was also pleasantly surprised with with this book was the character development, I thought that I had a pretty good grasp on Arizona, Kellan, and Henry (heck, even David) in "Portal" and that I couldn't really learn all that much more about them, but I was totally wrong. I don't think I have ever come across such selfless and caring characters in a book before.

If I had to complain about one thing in this book I it would be the adults. Hearing about Ollie and Rup being all lovey dovey together just really doesn't do anything for me, I would much prefer to hear about the love lives of the teens.  

All in all, I highly recommend this book, as I said in my review of "Portal", this series is one of the most original that I have ever read before! I think that readers of all ages will really enjoy these books! 

Rating: 10/10

2 comments:

  1. Oooo love when a second book improves upon the first and remedies some of the issues you had with it. I haven't heard much about this series but you have definitely piqued my interest Avery, I'll be checking these out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice. I really need to get these books. So glad that this book was better than the first. Not a bad complaint all in all. Oh and you should always blame the adults. No, I'll never admit to being an adult. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.