Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. They created this feature because as I quote, "... we are particularly quite found of lists".
Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers on their blog as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

This week's topic is actually Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or Someone I Know In Real Life, but again I've decided to go in a different direction (when I tried to think of characters who remind me of people I know in real life I could only come up with one character/ person... :/ ). Therefore this week I've decided to go with the topic of Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry

I am kinda silly when it comes to books, while I most certainly cry from sad stuff I also cry from super cute/ happy/ exciting.... So basically anything (I blame it on being a hormonal young adult ;) ). It is not uncommon when I read for my parents to look over at me and say, "Oh gosh, here she goes again!" 

"If I Stay"/ "Where She Went" by Gayle Forman: These books are the most recent books that have made me cry. And boy did they ever. I was a wreck when I read about the car accident through Mia's eyes, I was a wreck when Mia's brother's fate was revealed, I was a wreck when her grandfather had a heart-to-heart with her when she was unconscious and I was OBVIOUSLY a wreck when I read of Adam's proclamation to leave. In "Where She Went" I was more so a wreck at the rawness and realness of the book (seriously, Adam may very well be the most angsty boy I have ever read before- move aside Jace Wayland!).

"Anna and the French Kiss"/ "Lola and the Boy Next Door" by Stephanie Perkins: On the one hand I cried during "Anna" when I read about Etienne's somewhat difficult life due to a douchy dad, but on the other hand, I cried because all of the cuteness- same with "Lola and the Boy Next Door". It is by far the cutest book I have ever read (in fact, I just finished rereading it on Sunday and I am halfway through rereading it again)- Cricket is just so good.

"The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting: Again, this book made me cry not because I found it to be sad, but because I found it to be so CUTE. Like believing Cricket to be so good, I also think that Jay is. I was looking forward to Violet and Jay getting together for SO LONG and when they finally did, I couldn't handle it. My dad and I had gone out for the day and I literally sobbed the entire way home after reading this book.

"Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead: So you might think that I cried during this book when we found out about Jill/ Adrian's fate. Ad you would be wrong. Believe it or not, but I actually cried from the last line of the book, "Dimitri Belikov had arrived." I was RIDICULOUSLY excited when I saw that Dimitri was going to play some role in "The Golden Lily", so excited that I could contain my tears (what can I say? I LOVE Dimitri, him and Rose are by far one of my most favourite fictional characters/ couples). And now that I think about it, I was also with my dad as I read this book (poor guy). I started "SQUEE-ing". Loudly. And crying, causing him to swerve into the wrong lane.

"Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater: The first time that I finished reading this book my sister and I had just arrived at the mall for a day of shopping and I totally had to walk around the mall all red-faced/ puffy-eyed after reading this book- like "Bloodlines", it was the last line of this book that really got to me.

"If I Die" by Rachel Vincent: I think that why I cried from this book was because I admittedly didn't really have any expectations of it going into it (I wasn't the worlds biggest fan of the first two books and I was just starting to come around to it with books three and four) and it completely BLEW. ME. AWAY. The thing that I had been waiting for since the first book happened. Oh, and I suppose that I probably also shed some tears for when that other thing that involved Kaylee happened (because I, unlike many, had not expected that whatsoever).

"Hard Bitten" by Chloe Neill: I don't think it possible to not cry from the ending of this book- I mean, CHLOE NEILL RIPPED OUT OUR HEARTS AND TOTALLY STOMPED ON THEM. Seriously, with  only a few pages left to the book you think to yourself, "Oh my gosh! Everything that I hoped for is going to happen- there isn't enough time for anything bad to happen!" And you'd totally be wrong. The worst of the worst happens.

"Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi: I think that it was the crossed out words in this book that really got to me. Juliette was just so real, raw and genuine, that you couldn't help but feel for her for the shoddy hand she had been dealt. And then when everything surrounding Adam was revealed? I. Was. A. Puddle. It was hands down one of the most romantic things I have ever read before.

3 comments:

  1. So I avoid all of these? :) Na actually I've read Shiver and I still have If I Stay on my tbr. I'll get to it and I'll make sure the kleenex box is handy when I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Shiver but I didn't cry =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skill treats on the net include things like personalized portraits by pics, work connected with farm countryside in addition to orchids, Buddha hublot replica uk in addition to psychedelic skill. Addicts connected with portraiture desperate to obtain skill treats on the net may easily post a photo or maybe snapshot that's seized of which exclusive minute specifically using their company computer system towards web page. Giving on the net skill treats for the customer’s postal target usually carry not in comparison with age 14 doing the job rolex replica sale. The vital thing you'll see around the Invicta Males 9937OB Check out is usually the way luxurious in addition to good-looking it truly is. This model possesses typically also been in comparison to the Rolex Submariner. Invicta 9937OB Attributes in addition to Gains. The item will begin that has a unidirectional, ion- lined, cartier replica, coin-edged bezel inlaid having switching light crawls in addition to using small symptoms on 10, 20, 35, 50, in addition to 50. The head on the dial is usually even black color. This time frame functionality is usually amplified bubble for the 3 o'clock location. This time indicators usually are modest rolex replica sale fashioned bags of which switch having rectangles, in addition to there may be a upside down triangle for the 12 o'clock location. You will discover 59 modest light small indicators, in addition to cartier replica uk, luminescent hands and wrists. This dial is usually pleasant in addition to massive, along with the luminous indicators in addition to hands and wrists produce this check out spark, no matter if with deeply rich waters, or maybe available out partying during the night time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.