Friday, June 17, 2011

"Tales From Frewyn" by Michelle Franklin

Tales from FrewynFrom Goodreads: "The Haanta Series is the longest, ongoing, online romantic fantasy series. Thousands of readers visit the world of the Two Continents to enjoy the daily short stories featuring all their favorite characters from the Haanta Series novels. In between the business of the books, the commander, Rautu, Otenohi, Unghaahi, Leraa, Kai Linaa and Alasdair enjoy some time together in Diras Castle, but as the stories portray, mischief lies in every corner of the keep where spiders, chocolate pies, petulant giants and grouchy cooks abound."

When I first started reading this collection of short stories I was quite concerned that I wouldn't fully enjoy it because I assumed that the two characters that I was most familiar with (and quite head over heels for), the Commander and Rautu, would make an appearance in only a few of the short stories and I would be left with a handful of characters who I wasn't accustomed to and as such couldn't connect to on a deeper level, however, I am glad to say that that wasn't the case at all- my darling Commander and Rautu played some sort of role in almost every story!

While I thought that I liked the Commander and Rautu well enough in in Michelle's full length novel "The Commander and the Den Asaan Rautu", I came to like them even more in these short stories primarily because I got to see completely different sides of them (ie. Rautu's completely caring side in "Leggings" and the Commanders true wickedness in a handful of stories). I also really enjoyed this compilation because all of the stories were quite short- two to six-ish pages in length a piece, therefore when I had only a few minutes to read I could easily get through at least one of the stories.

All in all, I think that this is a great addition to Michelle Franklin's Haanta series and fans of the Haanta series will gobble this book up in no time at all and be left craving more! 

Rating: 9/10

I received this book from the author to read and honestly review. I was not compensated in any way for said review.

1 comment:

  1. Usually short stories are problematic for me because there's just not enough time for me to be emotionally invested, but I do love when the stories feature characters with whom I'm already familiar and then I just get the opportunity to spend more time with them:) Thanks for sharing Avery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.