Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating...
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: "The Vindico"
Author: Wesley King
Release Date: June 14, 2012

From Goodreads: "Led by the sinister Baron, the Vindico are a group of super villains who have been fighting against the League of Heroes for as long as they can remember. The Vindico kidnap a group of teenagers and train them to be the next generation. Mysteriously arriving at the Baron’s mansion together, James, Lana, Hayden, Emily and Sam are forced to train with their mentors and given powers beyond their wildest dreams.

While struggling to uncover the motives of this evil group, the teens learn to trust each other and even form friendships. They plan to rebel against their mentors as soon as they are deemed ready to fight against the League of Heroes, but then they learn things may not be as cut-and-dry as they seem: both in their new roles and in their outside lives."

4 comments:

  1. This looks really cool!! adding it:D

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that one, but the cover is awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the part of the blurb that caught my attention, "...but then they learn things may not be as cut-and-dry as they seem..."

    I love it when the villains aren't nearly as villanous as they first seemed. Or maybe they are just as villanous as you thought, but that they are actually trying to achieve something good.

    There's an adult paranormal series (the Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk) where the bad guy is spurred by ambition to do some very awful things, and he doesn't care who he hurts in the process. But after several books, you discover that his ambition just might have the world's best interests at heart. You don't know if you should root for him.

    If I could write a bad guy like that, I'd be one very happy writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting and I do love the cover too.

    BTW, the blog looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.