Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Twisted Perfection" by Abbi Glines


Release Date: April 22nd, 2013
Publisher: Self-Published

From Goodreads: "Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. Besides there was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.

The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…"



While in "Fallen Too Far" and "Never Too Far" I rooted for Rush and Blaire to be together, I couldn't help but harbour some feelings for Woods. Why? Because he was just so good. He went above and beyond to help those around him, no matter how much or how little he knew them, and, out of the boys in the series, he was, without a doubt, the most admirable. Therefore, as you can imagine, when I learned that he was getting his own book I was ecstatic. However, after having finished this book I must admit that my feelings towards him have changed...

As mentioned, I found Woods to be an extremely good character in the "Too Far" books and while he was in this book, it wasn't near as much as I had hoped he would be. As I read more and more, I found that Woods came across as more Rush-y than Woods-y. I feel like there was very little separation between their thoughts (if I didn't know that this book was told in Woods POV I would have assumed it was in Rush's)- very little crossed his mind aside from how good Della's butt looked, how much he wanted to jump her, and so forth. Furthermore, the storyline between Blaire and Della is near identical- both have extremely traumatic pasts stemming from their mothers, both have nowhere to go, both run back to their hometowns, into the arms of their best friends, when times get tough, neither boy's families approve of their girlfriends, both boys are uber rich and the girls... aren't, and so forth.

That being said, Abbi has an extremely addicting writing style- once I start her books I literally cannot put them down. They are the epitome of "one sitting reading". Furthermore, after reading them all I want to do is read more of them or similar books (which results in me being stuck in a continuous loop of contemporary or NA).

All in all, while this wasn't the most unique NA book that I have read to date (especially when compared to the original series that it stems from) I still really loved the couple hours of escapism that it offered me. Furthermore, HOLY MOTHER OF CLIFFHANGERS. This book has one of the craziest cliffhangers I have ever experienced before and I NEED the next book in this series to find out how this revelation affects Woods and Della (which I found surprising as I had assumed this to be a standalone). I have no doubt that this book will hit the various bestseller lists within days of its release.


Rating: 4/5

I received this book from the author to read and honestly review. I was not compensated in any way for said review.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.