Friday, August 19, 2011

E-ARC Review: "Legend of Witchtrot Road" by E.J. Stevens

From Goodreads: "Surviving agitated ghosts, irritated witches, angry werewolves, and the horrors of high school has never been so hard.

The night of Samhain may be behind them, but Yuki and her friends have only begun to face the challenges of their paranormal gifts. Tensions are rising--in the pack, at school, and within their tightly knit group of friends.

The tragic death of Wakefield High student Dylan Jacobs has emotions boiling over. The J-Team, Yuki's arch nemesis, have turned the entire football team against her. They claim that Yuki is a witch and blame her for the death of their fellow teammate. Will Yuki be able to solve the mystery of Dylan's death, and the legend of Witchtrot Road, before tempers flare and things turn violent?

Emma is the friend that Yuki turns to when things get tough, but she's been behaving strangely. Emma has been acting distant and seems to be coming down with a mysterious illness. What will Yuki and her friends do if their healer is truly sick?

Calvin has become Alpha and wants the best for his pack. He is a dedicated and compassionate leader willing to do anything for the good of his people, but will Cal be able to hold the pack together when a fiery, young werewolf comes seeking revenge?

Simon may still be a roguish playboy, but he is taking his role as Calvin's second in command deadly serious. Will Simon be able to focus on his pack duties when he is forced to face his dark, emotional past?


Don't miss Legend of Witchtrot Road, Spirit Guide series book 3, coming Fall 2011."

I didn't think it possible to fall even more in love with this series (and the characters, oh the amazingly swoon-worthy male characters and the super snarky female characters), but after having read this book, the third installment of this series, I found that it is indeed possible. 

While I liked the majority of the earlier books, I liked everything about this one. While in the earlier books the characters were somewhat melodramatic, they were stronger and more confident in this book  and they showed up sides of them that we had to yet to see (Simon being more than a playboy? GASP!) and while the plot in the earlier books seemed dragged out at times, in this book it was completely entirely gripping and unputdownable. It becomes extremely evident that E.J. has really grown as an author.

All in all, if you have yet to read one of E.J.'s books, well, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? You are seriously missing out! Not only will her books suck you in with their unique paranormal elements, but also the humor (her characters are some of the most humorous I have read in the world of YA and dare I say it, she possess comedic talents similar to that of Rachel Hawkins and Kiersten White- my two all time favourite YA funny ladies).

Rating: 9.5/10

I received this book from the author to read and honestly review. I was not compensated in any way for said review.

2 comments:

  1. Simon is absolutely my favorite part of this series, I like that maybe we get to see a different side of him in this book! Looking forward to reading this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Avery! I'm looking forward to reading this one. I've already read the first two books of this series and quite enjoyed them so if this one's even better... bonus! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.