Saturday, October 1, 2011

On My Wishlist

 

On My Wishlist is a great event that Book Chick City runs every Saturday. It's where you list all of the books that you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. I thought that this was a fantabulous idea so I thought I would join in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Chosen One" by Carol Lynch Williams

From Goodreads: "Thirteen-year-old Kyra has grown up in an isolated community without questioning the fact that her father has three wives and she has twenty brothers and sisters, with two more on the way. That is, without questioning them much---if you don’t count her secret visits to the Mobile Library on Wheels to read forbidden books, or her meetings with Joshua, the boy she hopes to choose for herself instead of having a man chosen for her. 

But when the Prophet decrees that she must marry her sixty-year-old uncle---who already has six wives---Kyra must make a desperate choice in the face of violence and her own fears of losing her family forever."

3 comments:

  1. Oh this one sounds emotional and creepy! I think I'll wait for your review on this one. Yes, I'm a wimp! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very brace of Carol to tackle the subject of cults and polygamy. It's not on the top of my TBR list, but I definitely think I'll be checking this one out at some point.


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. In summary, I suggest that the sales and success of rolex replica sale smartwatches is great and is probably having an effect on lower-end timepieces worn by people who don't typically hublot replica represent the luxury watch enthusiast market. New luxury Swiss watches are experiencing a slowdown in rolex replica retail demand because consumers are finding cheaper options to get what they feel are the same product for less money, especially because there is a huge availability of fake rolex sale unsold inventory of both new and used luxury watches. Let's see what the data will suggest next. Join watchuwant for Watches & Whiskey 2015 on Wednesday, November 11, 2015, in cheap replica watches downtown Miami, Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.