Saturday, October 15, 2011

On My Wishlist

 

On My Wishlist is a great event that Book Chick City runs every Saturday. It's where you list all of the books that you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. I thought that this was a fantabulous idea so I thought I would join in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life As We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer

From Goodreads: "Miranda’s disbelief turns to fear in a split second when a meteor knocks the moon closer to the earth. How should her family prepare for the future when worldwide tsunamis wipe out the coasts, earthquakes rock the continents, and volcanic ash blocks out the sun? As summer turns to Arctic winter, Miranda, her two brothers, and their mother retreat to the unexpected safe haven of their sunroom, where they subsist on stockpiled food and limited water in the warmth of a wood-burning stove."
    
Told in journal entries, this is the heart-pounding story of Miranda’s struggle to hold on to the most important resource of all--hope--in an increasingly desperate and unfamiliar world."

2 comments:

  1. Oh this really could be an on the edge of your seat book!

    ReplyDelete

  2. So, while it was perhaps slow to happen, the cheap replica watches traditional Swiss watch industry has finally gotten the message that consumers demand more fairness in pricing. I don't mean lower hublot replica prices per se, but rather retail prices more aligned with the actual value (a function of production cost, resale expectation, competitiveness) of a timepiece being sold. Without a doubt, the omega replica increase in sales of smartwatches has an effect on the sub-$1,000 watch market. That is certain, but that isn't the Swiss luxury replica watches sale market that most of us are concerned with - and certainly not replica watches what we mostly cover on this website or what other enthusiast watch websites cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.