Friday, June 24, 2011

"Spirit Storm" by E.J. Stevens

Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide)From Goodreads: "Let the spirits guide you, but never let them take you."

Spirits of the Dead are coming...

Yuki is about to face an army of lost souls on Samhain, the night of Halloween, when the spirits of the dead roam free. Yuki will need all the help she can get from her friends, but will Calvin be there for her when she needs him the most?"  

Well E.J. Stevens has done it again! Written a book which instantly hooks the reader and reels them in. Again, Yuki is a really intriguing character, Cal is swoon-worthy, and the tempo of the book is very fast paced, keeping the reader on the edge of their seat the entire time. What is even better about this book than its predecessor is that the secondary characters, Emma and Simon, make such a profound impact upon us. Their bantering back and forth was so entertaining and truly the cherry on top of this book (and dare I say it, though I know that there is a bit of an age difference between them, I wouldn't mind seeing them together together in the next book of the series).
 
One thing about this book that I did find to be a bit of a booger was Cal's condition, the boy is forever being beat up in some way, shape, or form. He really deserves a break (oh, and to be concious the entire book so that we can experience even more of his swoon-worthiness)! But then again, I guess that we have to consideration the fact that Cal is really stepping up as a Alpha and in doing so, one is bound to face some challenges and opposition.
 
All in all, this is a great addition to E.J. Steven's "Spirit Guide" series! It is evident that E.J. is really developing as an author with each installment of this series- I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us in the next book in the series (slated to be released this fall), "Legend of Witchtrot Road".
 
Rating: 9/10
 
I received this book from the author to read and honestly review. I was not compensated in any way for said review.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you use the word "booger" in your reviews Avery, you just make me laugh:) So glad this second installment seems to be as good as the first, I'm excited to start them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.