Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating... 


Title: "If I Die" (Soul Screamers Book 5)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Release Date: October 1st, 2011

From the Deadline Dames (this isn't the official blurb yet): "No one wants to be this teacher’s pet ...

Everyone else is talking about Eastlake High’s gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck, but Kaylee Cavanaugh has bigger things on her mind. Kaylee’s a banshee—her scream is a portent of death.

But the next scream might hit too close to home. Kaylee’s borrowed lifeline has almost run out.

Yeah—it’s a shock to her, too. So to distract herself from her own problems, Kaylee is determined to defend her school against the latest supernatural threat. That hot new teacher is really an incubus, who feeds from the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend’s delinquent ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren’t quite human either.

But Kaylee’s running out of time, and those who love her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.

Soul Screamers: The last thing you hear before you die."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: "The Power of Six"
Author: Pittacus Lore
Release Date: August 24, 2011

From Goodreads: "They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: "The Watchers"
Author: Inara Scott
Release Date: August 2nd, 2011

From Goodreads: "Dancia's back at Delcroix, but this year, everything's different. Dancia's Talented, and her powers have earned her an invitation to join Delcroix's real raison d'etre --the Program.  Dancia's wanted to use her powers to help people all her life -- and now Delcroix is going to give her the training she needs to use her Talent for good.  At least...that’s what the school says she’ll learn to do with her powers. Her cuter-than-cute boyfriend Cam insists that it's true, and so do all the other students. But there's still a little voice inside her head that wonders -- if the Program's so great, why did her almost-only-a-friend- Jack run away rather than join? And why would the school be getting attacked by angry ex-students?  Dancia's a loyal student...and a loyal girlfriend.  But if finding out what's really going on means talking to Jack, well -- it's a risk she just might have to take." 

PS. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway of Sean Beaudoin’s “Going Nowhere Faster”!  

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh great picks Avery! I haven't read any of the Soul Screamers series yet but they're on my list and I'm very excited for The Watchers, I hope we get more Jack:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! This year there are soooo many awesome books coming out! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the first two Soul Screamers books but I haven't got around to reading them yet. I may wait unitl the third comes out.
    Sally.

    Here's Mine: http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to buy the first book of Rachel Vincent series !! I've heard it was great !!
    The Candidates is in my pile : I should start reading it soon ;)
    Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing very small parts to If I Die. Great choice! I still need to read Number 4. Oh lets just face it. I need to read and have time for nothing BUT reading!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo can't wait for If I Die either! Rachel's saying it's her fave so far!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a few new books here for me. And the covers are eye catching, and they sound great as well. Thanks for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get going and read the Soul Screamers series!

    Congratulations! You have been chosen to receive the Stylish Blogger Award from Mrs. Boswell's Book Bag. Visit Mrs. Boswell's Book Bag for details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.