Sunday, December 4, 2011

November Challenge Recap

If you will recall at the beginning of November I challenged myself to only read books on my TBR pile in the attempts of shrinking it down a bit. I had hoped to read around 10 books but I was only able to read 7 books (I didn't take into consideration how crazy November is with school, midterms, essays, and the likes of)- and only 6 of which were on my TBR pile (I ended up stumbling across an amazing book at the end of the month over at NetGalley that I wasn't able to pass up, "Obsidian" by Jennifer L. Armentrout).

I was able to read (and review):
"Daughter of Smoke and Bone" by Laini Taylor 
"Lola and the Boy Next Door" by Stephanie Perkins
"Defiance" by Lili St. Crow (which was actually a re-read)
"Reckoning" by Lili St. Crow 
"Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi (which was also a re-read)
"Obsidian" by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
"Wherever You Go" by Heather Davis

I would have to say that overall November was an amazing month of reads (with the exception of "Daughter of Smoke and Bone"- unfortunately I was amongst the minority, it didn't do much for me):
  • I LOVED "Lola and the Boy Next Door" (love, love, LOVED)- seriously, I cannot say enough good things about it (basically the entire time I read it I had a big goofy grin on my face).
  • I also always love Lili St. Crow's books, especially her "Strange Angels" series, so obviously I was satisfied with both "Defiance" and "Reckoning" (even though I am totally heartbroken that this series has now come to a close... I soon expect to go through Dru and Graves withdrawal). 
  • As for "Shatter Me"? Well, I think that we all know my opinion of it by now since I have basically shouted from the rooftops how much I love it Adam.
  • I must admit that "Obsidian" took me by surprise mainly because this was the first book of Jennifer's that I had read and therefore I hadn't realized how much I had been missing out in not having read her books earlier- it was just such an enjoyable read with its unique premise and snarky characters (and after finishing it I was hooked on Jennifer's writing style and promptly went out and bought "Half-Blood"). 
  • "Wherever You Go" by Heather Davis, so I kinda broke my rule of only reading books on my TBR pile for the month as this book was a review book, but I am glad that I read it- it was a cute read.
All in all, I am a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to read as much as I had hoped to, but I suppose that that is what the end of December/ the beginning of January (winter break from school) is for!

4 comments:

  1. I really need to read Obsidian, I love Jennifer's books! Well, I've only read Half-Blood, but that's enough to know I'm a fan:) I've heard Obsidian is amazing and I certainly love snarky characters so I can't wait to get my hands on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you read a lot, stuck to your goals (for the most part) and discovered an amazing new author in the process. So that's not a bad thing.

    I still aspire to be the blogger you are and even come 1/10th as close to achieving my goals as you do.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read as much as I want to but wow! I think you rocked it! I'm also like Jenny... I'm a fan already of Jennifers and I need to read Obsidian too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.