As many of you probably know by now I am competing in YA Sisterhood's YA Heroine Tournament and I could use YOUR help! I am Tessa's advocate (from Cassie Clare's "Infernal Devices" series) and for the next 24 hours Tessa is going head-to-head with Luce from Lauren Kate's "Fallen" series. I would appreciate it more than you could imagine if you could head over to YA Sisterhood's blog and vote for TESSA!
- As mentioned, Tessa is from Cassie Clare's "Infernal Devices" series which includes "Clockwork Angel" and the recently released "Clockwork Prince"
- She is a sixteen-year old American
- She has brown hair, grey eyes, and is tall
- She moves to Victoria-Era England to live with her brother Nate after her guardian, her Aunt Harriet, passes away
- Upon arriving in England she learns that things are not what they seem- her world is turned upside down when she is kidnapped and discovers that she has the ability to shapeshift
- Upon being rescued from her kidnappers she befriends the London Institute's Shadowhunters including, but not limited to, Will, Jem, Charlotte and Henry
- She is inquisitive and open-minded
- She loves to read just as much, if not more, than all of us and she can often be found quoting all of her favourite books
- She is by far one of Cassie's most unique and mysterious characters (In "Clockwork Angel" we are told that she appears to be a warlock, however her true identity- or a better approximation of her identity- is revealed in "Clockwork Prince")
- She can outsnark even the snarkiest of characters, Will Herondale included
- Speaking of Will Herondale, she has two of the most swoon-worthy YA male characters vying for her attention (and she never lets that knowledge go to her head)
- She takes everything in stride
- Her clockwork angel pendant is one of the most kick-butt pieces of jewelry in the world of YA books (see "Clockwork Prince")
- Let's pretend that the Dirty Sexy Balcony Scene is an attribute ;)
- She is genuine and always remains true to her character
- She is kind and has a big heart
- She's still able to love those who aren't always worthy of being loved
- She is selfless beyond belief- she is willing to do the right thing even if it means hurting herself in the process
- She doesn't look down upon anyone (ie. Sophie occupying a lower social status than herself, Jem being ill)- she gives everyone the benefit of the doubt without doing so in a naive way
- She is brave and willing to do what she needs to do without complaint
Why Should YOU Vote For Tessa Instead of Luce?
- Like Luce, Tessa has two amazingly swoon-worthy boys vying for her attention but Tessa is not dependent upon the males in her life. When one of the males in her life does something to upset her she doesn't do something rash, nor wallow in self-pity, she keeps her chin held high and continues on with the task in front of her
- Furthermore, she doesn't play on the boy's feelings for her- manipulating them to do what she wants and she doesn't pout when she doesn't get her way
- She is eager to learn about the new world that she is thrown into and she doesn't assume that she knows everything about said new world from the get-go
- She doesn't jump into things without any thought- she isn't careless nor is she afraid to ask for help
Anything You'd Like to Add?
Did you vote for Tessa or are you planning on voting for Clary, or Izzy in YA Sisterhood's Tournament of Heroines? If so Stuck in Books, Letters Inside Out, Cassie Claire, and myself (the girl's advocates) have some AMAZING PRIZES FOR YOU! Includes a copy of CP, Winner's Choice of Cassie Clare book, Hebel Design bookmark and a CA Angel Pendant! Find out all of the giveaway details HERE!