Saturday, December 4, 2010

On My Wishlist...


 On My Wishlist is a great event that Book Chick City runs every Saturday. It's where you list all of the books that you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. I thought that this was a fantabulous idea so I thought I would join in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Immortal Beloved" by Cate Tiernan

From Amazon: "Nastasya has spent the last century living as a spoiled, drugged-out party girl. She feels nothing and cares for no one. But when she witnesses her best friend, a Dark Immortal, torture a human, she realizes something's got to change. She seeks refuge at a rehab for wayward immortals, where she meets the gorgeous, undeniably sexy Reyn, who seems inexplicably linked to her past.

Nastasya finally begins to deal with life, and even feels safe--until the night she learns that someone wants her dead.

Cate Tiernan, author of the popular Sweep series, returns with an engaging story of a timeless struggle and inescapable romance, the first book in a stunning new fantasy trilogy." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Delcroix Academy: The Candidates" by Inara Scott

From Amazon: "Dancia Lewis is far from popular. And that’s not just because of her average grades or her less-than-glamorous wardrobe. In fact, Dancia’s mediocrity is a welcome cover for her secret: whenever she sees a person threatening someone she cares about, things just...happen. Cars skid. Structures collapse. Usually someone gets hurt. So Dancia does everything possible to avoid getting close to anyone, belieiving this way she can supress her powers and keep them hidden. But when recruiters from the prestigious Delcroix Academy show up in her living room to offer her a full scholarship, Dancia’s days of living under the radar may be over. Only, Delcroix is a school for diplomats’ kids and child geniuses--not B students with uncontrollable telekinetic tendencies. So why are they treating Dancia like she’s special? Even the hottest guy on campus seems to be going out of his way to make Dancia feel welcome. And then there’s her mysterious new friend Jack, who can’t stay out of trouble. He suspects something dangerous is going on at the Academy and wants Dancia to help him figure out what. But Dancia isn’t convinced. She hopes that maybe the recruiters know more about her “gift” than they’re letting on. Maybe they can help her understand how to use it...But not even Dancia could have imagined what awaits her behind the gates of Delcroix Academy.

Whats on your wishlist?

PS. Don't forget to check out my fantabulous first giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. Avery love the cover to Immortal Beloved every time I see it on a wishing post, hope you get your books to read soon as have seen them on others posts before this one and the sound good!


    My Wishlist this week

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vibrant covers...I hope that when you get these books, they are everything you hope them to be. Check out what is On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of both of those! I'm definitely adding those to my wishlist, too, Avery! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Immortal Beloved sounds good. Me want now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! My list is here: http://baffledbooks.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/on-my-wishlist/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Immortal Beloved sounds so great and absolutely love the cover

    Mywishlist3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have both of these on my TBR. They both look great. Plus, I've heard some really great things about Cate Tiernan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get your books. As always, I'm wishing for a mixture of books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.