Sunday, December 19, 2010

Top 5 Sunday

 
Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.  

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
This week's theme is: Best Books {Series} of 2010! 
(and just a side note, these are in no particular order...) 
"Shift" and "Alpha" by Rachel Vincent, books 5 and 6 of the "Shifter's" series
So Rachel Vincent is pretty much my all time hero. I love this series so darn much! The final two books of the series were amazing, well except for you know, them being the last two books of the series! This is my go-to series, I could not tell you how many times I have reread this series...

"The Reckoning" by Kelley Armstrong, book 3 of "Darkest Powers" series. 
So believe it or not, but I only jumped on the Kelley Armstrong bandwagon this year (I know, I know, she has only been around for forever and she has only written a ton of books)... I love all of her books, though especially her "Darkest Power" series. Since I learned of Kelley this year, I have honestly read each book in this series at least 6 times. I am a total Derek girl and love him so much (and you know, the rest of the gang, Simon, Chloe, and Tori). I was really sad to see this series end with "The Reckoning", but thank goodness Kelley is writing another trilogy that corresponds with this series! 

"Waking The Witch" by Kelley Armstrong, book 11 of "The Women of the Otherworld" series
 
Okay, so I didn't actually think that "Waking the Witch" was the best book in the series (that title would go to either one of Elena's stories or one of the anthologies IMO), but I still really enjoyed this book! I loved seeing Savannah grow throughout the series and thought that it was amazing that she got her own book! 

"Spirit Bound" and "The Last Sacrifice" by Richelle Mead, books 5 and 6 of the "Vampire Academy" series
Man, now that I think about it 2010 kinda sucked for book series. Why am I thinking that? Well... BECAUSE ALMOST EVERY FRIGGIN' AMAZING SERIES ENDED! So the "Vampire Academy" series also ended with "The Last Sacrifice" (which I just reviewed a few weeks ago) and I thought that it was the perfect ending to a great series... I cannot wait to get my hands on the spin-off book, "Bloodlines", which comes out next August!

"Jealousy" by Lili St. Crow, book 3 of the "Strange Angels" series
I love this series and for everyone out there who is debating whether or not to read this series, READ IT! Seriously, I think that you are missing out by not reading it... Dru is such a strong female character with a whole cast of lovable guys like Graves, Christoph, Dibs and Shanks.

Well that's it for my top 5 book series of 2010- what series do you think are the top for 2010?

7 comments:

  1. I have really got to read Kelley's adult series, I have only read her YA series- I think that the covers of all of the books are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous picks Avery, I ADORE the Shifters series, I cried my eyes out in Alpha! I hope she comes out with another adult series, but in the meantime I want to read her YA Soul Screamers books:) And I love the VA as well, I could read them again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choices!!! I LOVE Rachel Vincent's books and her shifter series is brilliant!

    I also LOVE Kelley Armstrong's and Lili St Crow's series!! =)))

    choosing just 5 is simply HELL somnetimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aside from Kelley's YA series, which I like but don't love, all of those are awesome picks!! Re your comment on my blog about my accent, you were expecting full on English accent? Wouldn't ever happen. Too much of an American twang to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks!! I have some of the same as well! Wish it could've been more than 5!!

    Here's my Top 5 Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picks. Yes, I may try the VA books due to your love of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picks, Avery! I've only just barely started the VA series, but I'm loving it so far :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Though I appreciate awards I have decided to make my blog an "award-free zone". Unfortunately I do not have the time to hold up my end of award-giving. But again, I appreciate you thinking of me!




Copyright © 2010 - Avery's Book Nook - is proudly powered by Blogger.

Blog background and header is property of Avery's Book Nook- any violators will be eaten by a hobgoblin.